What are the signs of a disobedient puppy?
As a dog owner, it’s important to understand the difference between when your puppy is being a typical, playful, crazy puppy, and when it is being disobedient. If your dog has undergone sufficient training and is still showing the signs below, then they may be disobedient and need further assistance. Keep an eye out for the following signs:
- Does not respond to commands
- Shows aggression towards people or animals
- Jumps on people
- Pulls on the leash while walking
- Continually barks for attention
What causes unwanted puppy behaviour?
Disobedient or naughty puppy behaviour may be caused by a number of different factors including:
- The dog may have forgotten their training
- Their training may be incomplete
- They may be overexcited It’s important to keep in mind that your puppy isn’t deliberately defying you or going through a rebellious stage, dogs simply follow their instincts and training.
What is the best way to train a naughty dog?
Disobedience isn’t a reflection of the dog, it’s a reflection of its training. It’s never too late to get back into proper training and take your dog down the right path. An option is to research into dog obedience schools for professional help, however there are at home activities and regimes that can be implemented which can also see vast behaviour changes. Bondi Vet offers a range of products to assist you with your at home training, in order to give you the best chance of success. Similar to any human training, patience is key – don’t expect an overnight change in your dog, it’s a big commitment from both dog and the owner.